- This event has passed.
State aid and Scotland
February 2, 2015 @ 2:00 pm - 5:15 pm
This half day seminar in Edinburgh will be the first UKSALA event in Scotland, and is being hosted by the Faculty of Advocates in Edinburgh. It will be chaired by Sir David Edward, former judge of the European Court, and subsequently a judge of the Inner House of the Court of Session in Scotland.
- 1.30pm Registration
- 2pm Introductory remarks by Sir David Edward
- 2.10pm Michael Howlin QC (Faculty of Advocates) – What is State Aid?
- 2.40pm James Wolffe QC (Dean of the Faculty of Advocates) – State Aid in the Courts
- 3.15pm Tea
- 3.30pm Margaret Gray (Brick Court Chambers London, Law Library Dublin and Bar Library Belfast) – Devolution, Tax and State Aid
- 4.00pm Emma McClintock and Alan Coleman (State Aid Unit of the Scottish Government) – The Scottish Government perspective on State Aid
- 4.30pm Panel discussion and question time
- 5.15 Close
To register, please go to http://events.advocates.org.uk/ and follow the registration link there.