- This event has passed.
Seminar on State aid and energy
September 29, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An evening seminar at Oxera’s London offices, to discuss the application of the State aid rules in the energy sector, including the Commission’s recent decision on support for Hinkley Point C, and other energy projects in the UK. Other topics will include:
- the Commission’s sector enquiry into mechanisms to ensure electricity supplies;
- the impact of the Commission’s “more economic” approach in energy aid cases;
- the application of the PreussenElektra and Altmark case law in the energy sector; and
- the use of the Commission’s State aid powers to advance energy policy objectives.
The event will be chaired by Dr Adina Claici, Senior Economist at the European Commission, and the panel for discussion will be:
- James Kavanagh, Oxera
- Jackie Holland, Slaughter and May
- Lode Van Den Hende, Herbert Smith Freehills
Arrive and sign in at 6pm for a 6.15pm start. The seminar will be followed by a reception with drinks and canapés.
As ever, the event is free, and please do bring along any colleagues who may be interested.
To register your attendance at the event, please click here.